Verizon email has finally added security encryption! For years, if you had Verizon as your email service provider, they did not have encryption built into their POP3 setup. This means that if you used MS Outlook, or Mozilla Thunderbird, or some other email application on your computer to download emails, they were not very secure. Well, now they have added encryption, but you need to change your settings in your email application in order for it to start working.
Change your Incoming Server: incoming.verizon.net – port to 995 with SSL security encryption.
Change your Outgoing Server: outgoing.verizon.net – port to 465 with SSL security encryption.
1) Go to tools/account settings.
2) In the left panel, select server settings.
3) In the right panel, change your incoming server / port as indicated above. Make sure you select SSL/TSL in connection security!
4) In the left panel, scroll down and select outgoing server.
5) In the right panel, change your outgoing server / port as indicated above. Make sure you select SSL/TSL in connection security!
6) Click the OK button to save your recent changes.
This will keep your email address from being compromised and your emails more secure.